Die Boekie sonder woorde van Child Evangelism Fellowship is ‘n baie goeie metode om kinders na die Here te lei (“hook”) en te help groei (“crook”). Met metode 1 kan jy die ongeredde kind na die Here Jesus lei en met metode 2 kan jy vir die gelowige kind lei hoe hy geestelik kan groei.
- METODE 1: om die kind wat nog nie vir Jesus ken nie, na Hom te lei:
4. Die skoon bladsy vertel hoe Jesus se Verlossing toege-eien kan word en Hy jou sonde witter as sneeu was:
- METODE 2: Woordlose Boek vir die gelowige kind: Om hom/haar te help om vir Jesus te lewe.
How to lead a child to the Lord Jesus Christ:
The Wordless book of Child Evangelism Fellowship is a very good method to explain the Gospel message to the unsaved child (by “hook”) and to help him grow spiritually (by “crook”). There are 2 methods – with method 1 you reach the unsaved child and with method 2 you reach the saved child.
Before you approach a child you have to pray that the Holy Spirit will touch the child and prepare his heart for the Gospel message. You are only the sower of the seed of the Word of God, the Holy Spirit touches the heart of the child and leads him to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- METHOD 1: To reach the unsaved child with the Gospel message:
after our death
interceding for us when we pray
- METHOD 2: Wordless book for the saved child: to help him/her to live for Jesus Christ. Make a wordless book with 5 colours with words on it: Gold – light; Dark – power; Red – love; Clean – Assurance; Green – Spiritual growth
- The golden page tells us that God’s way is the way of LIGHT. It tells us what the Bible tells us about the Kingdom of LIGHT. Who belongs to this Kingdom? Everybody who accepted Jesus Chist as their Saviour. When Jesus is in your life, you belong to God’s Kingdom and you are delivered from the darkness of the kingdom of Satan. Col. 1:13 “For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” Who is the King of your life when you belong to God's Kingdom? You yourself? NO!! Jesus Christ is King of your life. He will teach you, He will guide you and He will save you. He expects from you to obey Him fully and to worship Him as the only God. Does this mean that as child of God and belonging to His Kingdom, you will sin no more? Unfortunately not! We still live in a world full of sin where our arch-enemy will try to steal us from God’s Kingdom, BUT here is GOOD News
- The dark page tells us that God’s way is a way of POWER. Although Satan is the enemy of God and wants to distract us from the right way, he will never succeed to pluck you out of God’s hand. You have to know that he is there, but he is like a dog on a leash. The Holy Spirit will help you to walk in the right ways where you will be safe. In the Bible we read in James 4:7: “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” Pray the “Our Father” prayer: “lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” - God will be your Helper!
- The red page tells us that God’s way is a way of LOVE: Our holy God who hates sin also loved the world so much that He sent His holy, sinless Son to pay the price for our sins on the cross. This deed of love was done so that you and I can love other people. Jesus forgave us all when He died on the cross. Because of His love it is possible for you to forgive other people. Joh. 3:16
- The clean page tells us that God’s way is a way of ASSURANCE: When you accepted Jesus as you Saviour, all your sins were forgiven at once – all your sins of the past, present and future. God sees you as His child, washed and cleansed by the blood of Jesus. John 1:12. You are saved for ever and ever and God will help you to be more and more like Jesus. This is a process and will take time, but you have the assurance that you are God's child.
- The green page tells us that God’s way is a way of GROWTH: In the same way as your body needs food and exercise to grow, your spiritual body needs food and exercise to grow. God’s Word the Bible, is the food for your spiritual body. The Bible teaches you all the truths about God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit. It is necessary for you to read and meditate on the Word of God day and night. You can memorize Bible portions and use them to encourage you daily and to show you how to live. Psalm 1. You also need to PRAY and talk to God, your Heavenly Father, regularly to praise and worship Him, to confess your sins, to thank Him for all your blessings and to ask Him to supply in all your needs. Go to an Evangelical church regularly where you have Christian friends who can help you grow spiritually. God also wants you to be a WITNESS to others who need Jesus as their Saviour. Jesus gave us a command that we should tell everybody the GOOD NEWS of the GOSPEL. Matt. 28:19-20.