Wednesday 14 August 2013

TEACHER'S PRAYER

Teachable – Lord, give me a teachable spirit so that I can learn before I teach
Enthusiastic – Lord make me enthusiastic about what you teach me so that I can teach others
Approachable – Lord, please make me a wise teacher to teach properly but also someone like a friend to my students so that they can approach me with problems and questions. 
Consecrated – Lord, I consecrate myself and my students to you.  Make us living sacrifices to you in giving ourselves and our abilities to you
Honest – Lord, thank you for every gift that you give me.  Especially the gift of teaching.  Help me to honestly use my gifts and talents to extend your Kingdom in my life and in the world
Enduring – Lord, help me to endure in my task as teacher.  May I never become weary and lazy to fullfill my task
Ready – Lord, help me to be ready and prepared for every class I present.  Make me your willing and ready instrument to be able to sow the seed of your Word in the hearts of the children I am teaching.  Make me sensitive to the voice of the Holy Spirit when I prepare and talk.  I ask this in the precious Name of our Lord Jesus Christ with thanksgiving.  Amen

May the “God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory”, give you wisdom  to teach the same way as Jesus Christ taught when He was on earth – make Him your role-model!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woordlose boek se oorsprong en boodskap