Tuesday 28 May 2013

G R A N D P A R E N T S

Dear Christian grandparent,

you have a wonderful privilege and opportunity to spend time with your grandchildren and lead them to the Lord (by hook) or help them to grow spiritually(by crook).

I worked out a program that I use with my grandchildren. When we are together as a family they enjoy it very much when I take out my material to start with our program. (The program will follow one of these days!)

My methods are based on Child Evangelism Fellowship’s methods.  I praise the Lord that He led me to take the 3 month course in Switzerland at the European Headquarters of CEF in 1989 and since then I base all my work among children on these wonderful CEF methods.

Mr. Sam Doherty, retired European CEF Leader gives good advice about the responsibilities of grandparents:

  • They should love their grandchildren and want to help them and be involved with them as much as possible
  • They should understand the needs of their grandchildren – their spiritual needs and social needs and sometimes even physical and mental needs.
  • They should pray for each of their grandchildren, by name, at least twice a day.
  • By being a good example to them
  • They should enjoy them and minister to them:

By having them often in their homes

By building a good relationship with them

By listening to them and talking to them

By playing games with them

By telling them Bible stories and teaching them Bible truths

By evangelizing them gently and with no pressure

By helping them grow spiritually if they are saved

 

May God bless you and use you as He used Timothy’s grandmother:

 2 Tim. 1:5 “ when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Louis and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woordlose boek se oorsprong en boodskap