Friday 21 November 2014

Nativity play

Scene with people running around before Christmas in a Mall on the overhead

Song:  Jingle bells –only music first and then children sing song:  Christmas bells on tune of Jingle bells:
Christmas bells, Christmas bells ring them out today
Christ was born in Bethlehem to take our sins away
Christmas bells, Christmas bells ring them out today
Tell the world of Jesus love
This happy Christmas day

Reporter in a busy mall – everybody runs around to do last minute shopping:
Reporter:  “Good morning everyone! My name is ………. from TV channel 7.  Welcome to our special program where we are interviewing people just before Christmas time.   The people in business want to sell as much as possible and want to beat last year’s Christmas shopping income!  We as Christians however celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.  These days people often wonder whether Jesus is really the Son of God.  This morning we want to talk to some of the people in the Mall and hear what their ideas are about Christmas.”

Reporter to boy: “Good morning – I am a reporter of SABC 7 and want to get your opinion about Christmas.  Do you know why we celebrate Christmas?  Do you believe in Jesus Christ whose birth we celebrate?
Boy:  “I think Jesus is meant to be for adults.  I heard that He was born as a baby in Bethlehem and that we think of Him over Christmas, but I like Father Christmas, because he brings me gifts!! I have already sent in my wish-list to Father Christmas.”

Reporter to  lady: “Good morning madam, may I ask you a question? what is your opinion about Christmas.  What is it all about?”
Old lady:  “Christmas is for the young people who want to have parties and pleasure.  I just came to the shops to buy a turkey and a few odds and ends, because we like to have a feast of a meal with my children and grandchildren!!”

Reporter to poor man with a few children: “Good morning sir, can you tell me what you think about Christmas and the Lord Jesus Christ whose birthday we celebrate?”
Poor man:  “No sir, don’t ask me.  Christmas is only for the rich people.  Jesus is not taking care of me.  My children and I sleep in cardboard boxes at night on the verandah of the post office.  We get some soup at the soup kitchen.  Sorry, I do not have money that I can give you.”

Reporter to rich man and his 2 children:
“Good morning sir, can you tell me what you think of Christmas and the Lord Jesus, whose birthday we celebrate?
Rich man:  “Christmas is a wonderful time for me and my family.  We are on our way to Switzerland for a ski-holiday.  We have everything we need and do not have time for church and Jesus.  This is for weak people and the “holy-huddle”!

Reporter:  “It is really shocking to see and hear what people think of Christmas.   Christmas is not for  young or old or poor and rich, why did He come?  Let’s look back at history.

Girl:  Yes, history is really  HIS STORY, God’s story.  I know God spoke to a young person, Mary……

1      Mary and Joseph:
Mary:  “When the angel came to me I was afraid.  I was still very young. The angel told me that I will have a Son who will be the Messiah.  I immediately started to praise and worship God:       “My soul magnifies the Lord,    and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
    For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
 for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
    and holy is his name………..”  

Reporter:  So it is important to know that Jesus came for young people!

 Boy:   Yes, and God also spoke to some very poor people….


2.  Shepherds in the fields around Bethlehem:


First shepherd:  “What a very cold night”  - rubbing his hands
Second shepherd:  “Something warm to drink will be wonderful!”
Third shepherd:  “I will get some more wood to make a fire, you can get us some water.”
Fourth shepherd:  “I wonder what it is like to be rich and sleep without any care at night in a warm house and bed?”
First shepherd:  “The only difference between the rich people and us – they have to count sheep at night to fall asleep and we have to count sheep to stay awake!!”
Second shepherd:  “It is going to be a very loooong, cold night!”
All shepherds frightened and shout together:  “What is going on in the air?” 

Angel:  “Do not be afraid.  I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people.  Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord.”
Shepherd:  “How will we know and  find Him?”
Angel:  “You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
Shepherds:  “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened.”

Song:   Hark! the herald angels sing

Reporter:  After the poor shepherds saw Jesus lying in the manger, they returned to the fields glorifying and praising God!  So we realize that Jesus also came for the poor!

3.  An old man Simeon and an old prophetess, Anna, were waiting for the Saviour of the world, Jesus, to come to earth.  When they saw Jesus with his parents, they started to worship God.  Simeon praised God, saying:  “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now dismiss your servant in peace.  For my eyes have seen your salvation which you have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel.”

Reporter:  So  we see in the Bible that Jesus also came for the old people.

4.  Play Arabian or Eastern Music and wise men appear with gifts in their hands.

Reporter:  Many days after Jesus was born, magi from the East came to Jerusalem.  They saw a star in the east that showed them that a king was born in Bethlehem and they came to worship Him.  When they found Him with Joseph and Mary, they bowed down and worshipped Him.  Then they opened their  gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.

So the Bible teaches us very clearly that Jesus came for everyone: the young, the old, the poor and the rich. 

Song: Joy to the World 
Reporter:  Before we close our program and wish you a blessed Christmas time with your family and friends, we have a question for you.
Boy:   Do you know Jesus Christ as your Saviour?  Only Jesus can take your sins away and give you the gift of eternal life.  If you have accepted Jesus as your Saviour, have a blessed Christmas time and share the Gospel message of Jesus our Saviour this Christmas to young, old, poor and rich.
Girl:   Those of you who do not know Jesus as your Saviour, make sure you know Him and accept the Gift of Jesus this Christmas and  give your life as a gift to Him!

Song:  John 3:16 on tune of silent night.
“John 3:16 (2x)
For God so loved the world that He
Gave His one and only Son that whosoever believes in Him
Shall not perish but have everlastingl life.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Woordlose boek se oorsprong en boodskap